Fusing Glass Blanks - applying cover coat to fired decals

The decals are out of the kiln  ( I may have over fired a tad and are not as dark as I like, but they still look good ) That is why its good to have a timer around your neck - I couldn't find any last night. And I was engrossed in doing another Zentangle page.
Once they are out I use a product called Fusemaster Super Spray - its an overcoat that helps prevent Detrification on glass - but I dont use it for that purpose - I use as an overcoat to seal my decal and put a glossy protective finish over the decal that leaves the images clean and clear. I find capping with a piece of glass distorts your image - this gives you crisp lines and the overcoat protects the image.

It can be sprayed or applied with a brush - using a liberal amount I applied with a brush
Its hard to see but it must contain an alcohol as it dries after application to a white surface finish
Then its into the kiln where I fire to about 1425 or until the surface becomes clear. Again watch your temps and time .

Results tomorrow night

1 comment:

  1. Blank sublimation tumblers are a versatile and popular choice for personalized drinkware. If you are looking to add a creative touch to your daily sips, you are in the right place. In this article, we will dive deep into the world of blank sublimation tumblers, exploring everything from customization to where to purchase them. Lets get started!

    ReplyDelete