Etched Copper Earrings using Stazon - Batch 1

Out of the Ferric Chloride - Took only 1-1/2  waiting to be cleaned up tonight-  My previous ones I left longer and had a dep etch which caused problems cleaning - deep means rough sharp edges to try and clean and when they are patterns its really hard.

These are right out of th acid, washed in a solution of baking soda and water to halt the etching acid and then washed under clear running water.  The stazon is still showing and the copper after a night of sitting is starting to patina on its own.  I'll clean with acetone then start to file any rough edges and use a wire brush, stel wool and then put a hole in them - Patina will come after cleaning and I'll decide then what I'll use.

I have to decide on what will be flat and what will be formed , the colours of the patinas etc..

No comments:

Post a Comment