Cutting vinyl records

I really should be doing glass or metal but I have wanted to do this for so long
(these are not mine -  just samples ) 


I finally found some vinyl records - 3 for a 1$  and grabbed 45 of them - that should do me
didnt care what they were - some I even got a 2 record set

I laughed as I even got a recorded word disc for Jane fondas original workout - I dont have a record player so it will get used up

what I want to do this  
 for my granddaughters room 

I've watched them use the wood burning tool with sort of exacto blade head that heats up and I have seen them use a dremel tool with skinny cutter.grinder and someone with a hand saw 
so will test this out this weekend - probably make the template with my scan n cut - 



2 comments:

  1. Wow. Sounds great. Hope to hear about your efforts soon.
    Marianne, Denmark, Europe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I've etched glass but this is very cool! Keep us up to date if you find a way to make it work. I used a woodburning tool to cut one of those fake pumpkins into a design and it took forever and didn't work as well as I'd like so I'm interested to see if you find something that works for this!

    ReplyDelete